Menu

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Stark differences, Tag: Tony Stark
Maria Hill
 Posted: May 14 2016, 12:31 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Maria Hill

IN THE TIME OF GODS AND MONSTERS
what is the worth of man?
TAG: Tony Stark

NOTES: A bit of an opener, nothing too fancy.

”As the Avengers civil war continues to rage on, we go live to our correspondent at…” the people on the television continued to drone on, but Hill had long stopped paying attention to all the speculation going on around the ‘divorce’ between Steve Rogers and Tony Stark.

Instead of listening to the television, she slowly walked around in what was Tony’s inner sanctum. Rows of older Iron Man models lined the wall, it seemed to be a sort of trophy room for the man that wore said suits, but Maria had ambivalent feelings when she thought about the fact that if more people had these suits they could’ve stopped Ultron before he had even a chance of causing the destruction he ended up causing in Sokovia.

They didn’t look like trophies to her, they were simply proof of Stark’s personal ego getting in the way of saving lives. A man unable to part with more than one of his suits, the only other being held by Tony’s best friend. And the rest had to simply watch, even if said suits could save exponentially more lives.

Hearing the doors open she took her eyes off the suits, turning to face the person who had built all those suits. Someone she somewhat begrudgingly had to recognize as a close ally… ”Stark...” she coldly acknowledged, keeping her arms behind her back.

Moving to get into conversational distance, she glanced and shook her head at the television showing yet another re-run of Stark interviews. ”...I see you’ve given CNN some more food for thought.” Maria’d never really understood Stark’s desire for the spotlight. Fury had taught her the shadows had been a much nicer place to do business in.

But Fury wasn’t there for sage council; neither for her, Stark, or to slap Cap upside the head for his idiotic behaviour. They had to fix this mess themselves, at least until Fury decided to return from whatever place he had gone to.

^
Tony Stark
 Posted: May 14 2016, 10:31 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Tony Stark

While Tony had originally pegged Hill as the SHIELD yes-man type, he'd come to appreciate her and her very much non-yes-man personality over the time that they'd worked together. She might have, technically, been his employee, but she wasn't afraid to talk shit at him when she thought he needed it, and that was a useful kind of person to have around for people like him. There was a great risk of him going to far, especially in this situation he found himself in where he no longer had Steve to mitigate his more extreme ideas.

Seeing her in the workshop area he kept at the Avengers facility could always be either really good or extraordinarily bad; he'd have to see what she had in store for him for the day. Glancing at the TVs and lifting an eyebrow at the yammering going on on the screen, he wondered when the media was going to stop treating this like some kind of celebrity couple game. This wasn't about scorned friends. It was about a team realizing that the ideologies that had brought them together weren't enough to keep their vastly different ideas as to the best solutions for situations curbed any longer. The honeymoon period, so to speak, was over.

Now he was the one making it sound like a celebrity couple game, dammit.

Hill, he greeted with a smile, A pleasure to see your lovely face, as always. He moved to the kitchenette area to pour two glasses of water, offering one of them to her as she came closer to him. Shaking his head a little at the TVs playing various news stations for him, he shrugged. The more I give them, the less speculation they do as to the nature of what's going on, he replied.

See, Hill. Fury doesn't like to use the PR machine to his advantage, but I grew up learning how to do just that. We'll be just fine. They're focusing on the distraction for the moment. That gives us more room to maneuver. He paused to take a long drink from his glass. So. What do you have for me today?

^
Maria Hill
 Posted: May 15 2016, 04:59 AM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Maria Hill

NOTES: Don’t shoot the messenger, Tony!

”Well Fury isn’t around to help us out this time, so maybe the spotlight is the way to go this time.” she admitted begrudgingly. She took the glass and took a few sips of water, her eyes wandering back and forth between the televisions, Stark, and the inordinate amount of alcohol he had stashed in his workplace.

”Keeping the media entertained won’t bring us any closer to fixing the mess you and Rogers have gotten us into, though.” she shrugged, taking a sip from the water and using the cold glass to sooth the light drumming headache she had been fighting ever since it had all began.

She wasn’t blaming Stark, not as much as many others were at least. And in a weird turn of fate it had made her into somewhat of a close supporter of the man for a change. But she still felt that things could’ve been different, if there had been things that could’ve been said or done that had prevented this entire house of cards from collapsing under the weight of everyone’s collective ego’s.

In a way Maria had been lucky to not have parents to mourn for, or old friends to be unwaveringly loyal to regardless of their past discrepancies or current mental state. The only thing she had fuelling her was her personal ideologies and a desire to protect the world to the best of her abilities. The ability to take everything at face value and make a decision based on all the facts, on knowing what was needed to protect everyone rather than just a select few.

”But I digress, you said you wanted reports on where everyone stands regarding the accords.” placing a tablet on the counter, she frowned in the full knowledge of what was in the files Stark had requested.

Even amongst their allies the truth wasn’t as cut-and-dry as anyone would’ve liked.

^
Tony Stark
 Posted: May 19 2016, 03:02 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Tony Stark

I wouldn’t say it’s the way to go, but it’s certainly a way, and I intend to attempt to utilize it to fullest advantage, Tony replied easily. There had been a lot of changes far too quickly in the past few years and HYDRA had been giving Tony a headache for most of them. The organization had clearly had their fingers in more than just SHIELD and as such, it was difficult to figure out which attacks could be coming from them in addition to the general public. The best way to fix things was to just get out in front of them and grab them by the proverbial horns.

He snorted slightly at Hill’s next observation. We wouldn’t be in this mess if the man would just trust me, he sighed, shaking his head. Fight something and you had no foothold in it when it came true anyway. Back something and you had the ability to make it what you wanted from the inside. He didn’t know what was so hard to understand about that. He admired Cap’s conviction, but it was a pain in his ass.

That I did, he replied, setting aside his glass to pick up the tablet she had set out. He flipped through the files almost idly; they were really just what he’d expected. This issue wasn’t black and white. It never had been. It figured that people would find even more shades of grey now that everything had already gone to hell in a handbasket - and where did that expression even come from? FRIDAY, lookup origins of the phrase ‘going to hell in a handbasket’, Tony said as he continued to look through the files on the tablet.

”It’s an allegorical figure of speech of unknown origin, boss” FRIDAY came back with mere seconds later.

Then I think it describes everything happening here perfectly, Tony sighed, rubbing fingers at his temple as he set the tablet down again. This is quite the disaster we’ve got on our hands. And all because of accountability, he said, turning back to Hill, So. What are your thoughts?

^
Maria Hill
 Posted: May 20 2016, 01:30 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Maria Hill

NOTES: Well, he wanted her opinion, right?

For a second she raised her eyebrow at Tony Stark’s inner monologuing with his (now female) AI, but yet it was one of the many things Maria had learned to tolerate from the man better known as the Iron Man.

”My opinions, Tony?” Maria let out a deep sigh, trying to think up a way to tell him her opinions without burning the house down. ”I’d say we’re lucky we got this many people on our side, and we’ll need to work our asses off to keep them there.” regardless of the man’s public betrayal, Steve Rogers was a leader among men who could inspire even the most jaded of person, and when he so openly defied the Avengers and the Accords, many people saw it as writing on the wall.

”On one side you got flaky politicians trying to build their careers on this hot mess, you also got every powered person with even a drop of rebelliousness crawling out of the woodwork to tell the UN to stuff their Sokovia Accords.” crossing her arms she leaned against the small counter of Tony’s personal kitchen. ”Sometimes I wonder if we’re not better off in Wakanda ourselves, at least they don’t have to deal with the mess they’ve made…”

^
Tony Stark
 Posted: May 22 2016, 04:48 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Tony Stark

Tony rolled his eyes instead of replying to her first words. Of course her opinions. That was what he'd asked, was it not? He simply waited for her to work out what she wanted to say, going to refill his glass of water and drain it again. I'm inclined to agree with you there, he sighed, This whole fight with me and Cap... bad for business. On both ends. Who wants to work for a team that's already ripped itself apart for arbitrary reasons?

And that was the real problem, wasn't it? The Avengers had already proven themselves unstable individually, and now they'd proven themselves unstable as a team as well. This was only going to get worse, too. Because the whole situation with the Accords wasn't going to be solved now. The governments would keep wanting more oversight, and the Avengers would keep wanting less. It would be a constant battle between them, but it was a necessary one for now. They needed to regain the trust of the public. And that would be a long road.

Joining Steve's group would certainly be a way to go, he replied, But I'm not sure it would be any easier. Eventually we're going to be told to hunt them down again. What do we do then? Warn them, obviously, but what then? They couldn't not catch them. After all, it would begin to look suspicious at a certain point.

This is a mess, Hill, he sighed.

^
Maria Hill
 Posted: May 23 2016, 02:36 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Maria Hill

NOTES: Well, he wanted her opinion, right?

This was a first for Maria… Tony Stark not having his monologue ready and instead just cutting it as it was, no bullshit, no asterisk’s, just him admitting openly that everything was just an entire and complete mess. It almost made her feel bad for the guy.

”And we’re not going to get out of this mess any time soon, either…” they were in this mess for the long haul, and it would no doubt become messier before everything was said and done. ”… But I stayed here because I know the accords are the right thing, and the majority of the ones on the street agree with it.” her hand for a second moving to pat Stark on the shoulder in support, but she aborted it before she went through with it.

People were afraid for a reason, even the ones trained for the job were afraid of the next madman that would stand up looking to stir up shit, and the accords was one way to make sure that the future ones could be stopped before they can cause real damage, and they could also prove very useful in finding the ones that wanted to become the next generation of Avengers. Give them a place to train, to learn how to work to better the world through the rules, rather than beyond them.

”We can’t go to Wakanda to fight them, but the more we show that the real Avengers can protect the world without being above the law, the quicker people realize that Steve’s entire foray is a fool’s errant.” Steve had heart, he had his ideals, but surely ‘the man of the people’ would end up realizing that the people wanted the accords, wanted order to prevail over chaos?

^
Tony Stark
 Posted: May 28 2016, 05:56 AM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Tony Stark

Tony gave a heavy sigh, though he couldn't exactly disagree with Hill on that point. This was the kind of mess that they were stuck in; especially after the worldwide media circus that the whole thing with Cap had become. The fact that the symbol of America was no longer with them was kinda a big deal, no matter how many times Tony claimed it wasn't an issue. The shield was safely tucked away, waiting for the day that it could be given to the next man to pick up the mantle. Hopefully that man would be Steve himself, after taking a healthy helping of chill pills and responsibility.

I know... that I did this for the right reasons. I know I did. But somehow... everything still feels somewhat wrong, he replied softly; thoughtfully and almost as if he was talking to himself and not to the woman standing there with him. It was the problem that he kept coming back to; why did something that he knew was the right decision tear him up so much? Why was this hurting? The only real answer was that it was because he'd lost friends over it, but he hadn't really realized how much Steve's and Clint's and maybe even Wanda's friendship had meant to him until it wasn't there anymore. He wasn't used to having people there for him. He hadn't even realized that that had changed until it had changed again.

Scrubbing a hand over his face, he shook his head slightly, more to clear it than in answer to anything in particular. Yeah. Yeah, I know, he replied, We just need to ride through the turbulence a little longer and then we'll reach a smoother path. That was how these things worked, and if Tony was being honest, the only thing keeping this whole Accords thing from getting more out of hand was the fact that some of them were willing to abide by them already. Some of them were willing to work with the UN on this, and that was what mattered, ultimately. They wanted control, then Tony would give them the best illusion of control ever shown.

I suppose we should just be grateful that the Accords are as lenient as they are. I'm sure that we can sculpt them into something that allows us to do amazing things. It'll just take time and a little bit of bowing to people that think they're superior. Which was something that he hated doing, but he could deal with it for the Avengers.

^
Maria Hill
 Posted: May 30 2016, 05:58 AM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Maria Hill

NOTES:

”Just a shame Steve Rogers didn’t want to see it that way.” crossing her arms, she contemplated the foolishness of what had happened. There was a time and place to stand on your principles, but Vienna had not been that time nor place. But Rogers had been driven by blind loyalty and being completely out-of-touch with the intricacies of politics. The only thing he had seen was every powered person being rounded up and being thrown in camps, and that was arguably the farthest thing from the truth.

Walking around the room some more, Maria tried to contemplate the situation they had been thrown in, and trying to find some way to tunnel out of the mess that had been caused. But everywhere she looked, she just saw more crap on her radar, and no map to guide anyone along to safer shores. They were all flying blind, and it made them all vulnerable until the next lunatic decided to bring anarchy, because only a fool didn’t prepare for that.

”We need to size up our forces, Tony.” breaking the silence Maria turned to face Stark, her face back in business-mode. ”Because I can’t kick down a city block, Rhodey is still revalidating, and I don’t think it’s wise to bring along ‘that kid in a onesie’ the next time you feel like levelling an airport…” the Avengers had to be formed, but they couldn’t just throw one together and expect it to stick.

^
Tony Stark
 Posted: Jun 8 2016, 09:19 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Tony Stark

Tony couldn't help the slightly broken, slightly desperate laugh that broke from his throat at that comment. Yeah. A shame. That was one way to put it. The whole thing had been a disaster from start to finish, and Steve got to escape the picking up of the pieces. It was Tony that was left to do that, and not even Nat was around to help him, because she'd bailed too. It seemed that when it came to this battle, he was the one that had gotten left with all the difficult parts of it. He was the one cutting his palms open on the glass.

He sighed and collapsed onto a nearby stool, collapsed over onto the table in front of him. I know, I know. Steve got all the good ones in the divorce, he replied into his arms before looking up at her again. We still have Vision, though. And we're... recruiting. We'll find more. We can... we can do this. The more he said it, the more likely that he'd start believing it, right?

What do we need, Hill? What are we short on? We lost strategy and strength and range and who knows where Thor and Brucie-Bear are. But we have Vision and we have Spider-Man and... Rhodey will be back eventually... what should we be focusing on? Recruit-wise?

^
Maria Hill
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 03:12 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Maria Hill

NOTES: Longest wait evorr, soawry.

For a few seconds Maria was silent, looking at Tony Stark as if he had just lost his absolute mind. It had been the first time the man had actively asked her for advice, and not in the ‘It’s rhetorical, because I’m an insufferable man-child’ kind of way.

”I didn’t know it was bad enough to start asking me for advice, Tony.” Maria replied with a puzzled yet sarcastic remark, trying to make sure Stark wasn’t playing an elaborate joke at her expense.

When the reply didn’t come, she let out a sigh and actually added her own advice for a change. ”Honestly, as much as the Spider-kid shows heart, what does it tell to the people that we’re throwing kids into the field to fight grown-up battles?” Maria pondered out loud, it was a fair question to ask because there was no way the public would react in appreciation if they found out the ‘Spiderman’ was just a ‘Spiderboy’, this wasn’t some African civil war which could be solved by jamming AK’s into the hands of children.

”And Vision? After his ‘gaffe’ in Leipzig, I have no idea where the head of our synthetic friend is at. For a guy build from logic, I could name five guys that have acted more rational in the past few years, and I’d put Banner on that list.” Maria added with doubt in her voice, it was good to see Vision try to become human, but they didn’t need the human errors that came with it, not if it ended up with Rhodey a half-cripple.

Taking a short pause to grab her coffee, and run her hand across her forehead, she let out a deep sigh and tried to think about an actual answer to their conundrums. ”If I had to suggest anything, I’d look at Coulson’s people and see if there are any takers.” Maria suggested, taking a sip from her coffee. ”Other than that there’s the open market, like the mutants, but we have no idea where their loyalties lie.” and if she knew one thing from the past, trusting wildcards was not the way to go. Loyal people were hard enough to keep loyal, let alone start working with mercenaries and people that don’t truly know what the stakes are.

^
Tony Stark
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 10:29 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Tony Stark

It took a lot for Tony to actually get to the point where he felt the need to ask for help, and now that he was there... well, he was expecting for the problem to be magically solved. He was expecting that suddenly they'd have a revelation that would fix everything. But that didn't happen, because this wasn't some kind of cheesy war movie where it looked bleak for a moment, but then everything was okay by the end. Hell, he wasn't even sure there was an end to this.

Weird as it is, the Spider-kid is the best we've got right now. And I understand why they left, I do. But why did they have to rebel against what was possibly the most lenient decision made? That rebellion just made everything worse, and I don't have the people I need to fix that... He sighed again, running a hand through his hair.

Standing so that he could begin to pace, he shook his head a bit. Vision's head is... who knows? I think he misses Wanda. But we're not at a place where we can afford kicking him off the team for a bit. We need everything we have. He turned back toward Hill with a bigger sigh at the thoughts of Bruce. I'd love to have Bruce back, but... I can't force him to work with Ross the way he would have to on the team as it is now... I just can't.

Her suggestion about Coulson's people... well, that was what they had now, wasn't it? He didn't have to like it, but he might have to deal with it. Doesn't he have a few people with powers now? Can we set up a meeting with him, then? That's... our only option to fill out the ranks at this point. I'm not willing to drag a ton of civilians into this mess as of yet. We can recruit when they pop up, but... well I'm not thinking that'll be too often. He should ask Sam again while he was at it. She'd say no but... he could always ask.

^
Maria Hill
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 04:24 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Maria Hill

NOTES: Longest wait evorr, soawry.

”The spider-kid has talent, but you go explain to CNN that we’re swelling our ranks with underaged kids that haven’t even finished High School.” Maria crossed her arms not backing down on her point, she might not know who was under the mask, but it didn’t take a rocket scientist to know that it was just a kid that Tony had dragged along with him to Germany. But the few things Stark had divulged about the spider boy gave her plenty of ability to put 1 and 1 together and make a reasonable guess regarding the kid.

Rubbing her eyes for a second, she got annoyed by the mere thought of an artificial intelligence experiencing puppy love and heartache. For a thing that had the intelligence of the world inside of him, it was arguably just as emotionally stable as the kid under the spider mask. Either way, it was too much drama Maria wanted to deal with, she was a former Agent of SHIELD, and was working with the Avengers, this wasn’t a study hall or a kindergarten.

”I can always see what Coulson’s idea is on the matter, Tony. But I don’t have the authorities I used to have under Fury, as far as SHIELD is concerned I’m an outside liaison and nothing more.” Maria had wished that it was as easy as a few years ago, when she could basically just walk up to anyone and tell them to start packing their weapons and slap themselves an over-designed ‘A’ on their chest, to protect the world and all that glorious freedomy-stuff. ”I can make a few suggestions, but it’s going to be your job to hash out the actual arrangements with Coulson’s people.” Turning slightly to look at yet another news-loop on CNN, she sighed in clear frustration of it all. But this was what she had signed up to do, it had been her decision to be the bitch that had to clean up the messes and play bad-cop wherever it was needed. She didn’t like it, but it was what she had always been good at…

^
Tony Stark
 Posted: Jul 31 2016, 01:33 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Tony Stark

CODE

Tony made a face at the mention of CNN. He would be absolutely crucified if they discovered that he was recruiting teenagers for the team. The job was damn dangerous. They'd gotten plenty of people killed or severely wounded in the line of duty to make an argument that no one should be doing the job, much less kids. Yeah, I know. People find out how young he is and I become the villain in the equation, he sighed. He didn't need someone else to point that out to know it was true. The thing that let him sleep at night was that they were teaching the kid better skills; giving him more ability to keep himself uninjured doing something that he was going to be doing anyway.

Vision was another matter entirely, but he was emotionally at the same level as Parker. He was young; he had just come into the world. He was dealing with things on a level that no computer program had before and Tony couldn't be exactly sure of how it was effecting the poor thing. Man. Synthezoid. The team as it was was made up of inexperienced and emotionally unstable people. It was something to worry about.

He sighed as Hill pointed out that it would be up to him to get Coulson and his people on-board. Can you see about setting up a meeting or something? I'd like to see if there's any chance of getting the help before attempting to make a plan for it. And I'd rather have the conversation in-person. When you were asking people to sign themselves over to the United Nations, you needed to at least do it in person. He wasn't expecting any of them to actually agree, however. They were spies already. They didn't need more accountability.

^
Maria Hill
 Posted: Aug 25 2016, 04:06 AM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Maria Hill

NOTES: Even worse wait, extremely sorry. I'll be better from now on, I promise. ❤

Leaning back a little, she crossed her arms. To Maria, Stark had the right idea trying to ask for help from people that had actual experience in saving the world and doing it with the sort of style that didn’t end up causing half a city, or even a nation to be rooted up out of the ground and tossed upside down. Coulson and their team were discreet and sensible, concepts the Avengers to her had never heard of.

”I’ll throw up a line to Phil, but I can’t promise you anything. This SHIELD isn’t the same I used to run with.” Between a distinct lack of HYDRA double-agents, which she was very happy about, the SHIELD that Coulson had run had turned into a whole different beast than what Fury had envisioned. Yet, she had never heard Fury mention anything edge-wise about how Coulson ran the place, being a scalpel rather than an oversized overpowered hammer of the gods.

”Coulson’s always been a sucker for Cap, and I got the feeling he doesn’t want a dog in this fight.” The man would break his own heart if he had to do anything that hurt the Captain, Steve Rogers. Maria knew that, and if he couldn’t support Rogers, then odds are he’d probably try to stay out of the Avengers way in return.

And perhaps Coulson was right about staying neutral this time around, trying to focus on actually stopping the bad guys rather than bicker back and forth about which good guy is ‘good-er’ than the other.

Scratching her elbow, she tried to figure out more things. But even she had become distracted by all that had been going on as of late.

Sighing slightly, she shook her head at her own indecision. Simply returning to the matter at hand and not dwelling on the outside noise. ”Like I said, I’ll see what I can do. But I figure you don’t have some extremely rare Captain America trading cards lying around to bribe the guy with?”

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

© cosmic american at CTTW.
RESOURCES & LISTINGS

RPG Initiative Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D RP Lovers a resource community Ruby Wings Listings RP Junction: a RPG directory

SISTER SITES

Mortal Ends The Multiverse

AFFILIATES

Black Static: A lit/adv Naruto AU X-MEN:GRANDCHILDREN OF THE ATOM [A RPG]

welcome back,
you have () new alerts.