Steve Rogers
 Posted: Nov 7 2016, 10:35 AM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Steve Rogers

Steve had been out of commission for a few months. The reason why wasn't important. It was time to get back into the swing of things, which meant locating certain people after having absolutely no contact with them. Unfortunately, said people were rather adept at staying under the radar. He had been expecting to just return to where they had been hiding out, but in his absence, it seemed that they were no longer welcome there. They had been forced out of the place they had been granted sanctuary and now they were in the wind. Steve knew he wouldn't be able to find them on his own, at least, not all of them. He needed assistance. Perhaps someone that had remained in Wakanda after he had left would be able to help him.

Enter one Darcy Lewis. She was someone that he had gotten to know -or at least become somewhat familiar with- over the first few weeks there. They had been able to establish some rapport to the point that she knew him more as "Steve" than the facade he had left behind in that abandoned Siberian facility. Maybe he was wrong, but he assumed that she trusted him enough to point him in the right direction. Scouring the world for one person was no easy task, but thankfully, she hadn't been too terribly difficult to track down.

Rogers stepped through the doors of the crappy diner he had managed to find after an exhaustive search. It didn't look all that busy, though that was to be expected when one decided to stop in at an odd hour. That was by design, of course. There was a better chance that she would be able to talk if the place wasn't swarmed with hungry and impatient patrons.

The blond leaned over to the cashier situated near the door, quietly inquiring about which section the brunette had been assigned to. He thanked him quietly and was soon crossing the room, bypassing the tables and booths to grab a vacant stool at the counter near the kitchen.

It didn't take too long before an easily recognized individual approached him. She was likely distracted by all she had to do, but Steve didn't mind. He put on a friendly and relived smile, offering a sincere "Hey!"
Darcy Lewis
^
Darcy Lewis
 Posted: Nov 19 2016, 12:24 AM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Darcy Lewis

It was hell.

She was pulling a double because Bekka decided she wanted to go to some lame ass audition for something that was supposed to be a musical, but Darcy was pretty sure that Musicals didn't include taking your clothes off. That was her though, so she couldn't really speak from experience. She had none. So here was Darcy, on the last leg of her weirdly scheduled double shift, being told she had another 'guest' in her section. More like, finally a guest in her section. There was no one else for her attention to be divided by, unless she was learning really bad Spanish from Juan who worked in the kitchen. She was up to five naughty words now. Like flipping a switch, the tired brunette shifted to bubbly smiling and ready to work hard for the shitty tip she knew she'd end up with.

No one around here tipped very well. Damn shame.

She didn't even look at her guest yet, not until she'd already walked up to the table, slid a menu in front of him, and flipped his coffee mug to fill it with coffee. At least it was a fresh pot, so she wouldn't get chewed out for pouring him a mug full of tar.

The rather earnest greeting drew her attention up from the table, to the face of the speaker, and she went very still, before she very carefully, set the coffee pot on the table.

"Jeeze, am I that tired?" She rubbed the heel of her palm against her eyes before blinking at him, and seeing that she wasn't seeing things, she smiled, it was Steve. Holy shit it was Steve! She threw a look behind her, seeing that there was like, no one around in the diner to judge, she slid into the booth opposite him, "Dude, what the hell are you doing here?"

Steve Rogers | FINALLY. I POST. NEXT TIME REMIND ME. I swear I thought I posted here....
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Nov 21 2016, 12:03 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Steve Rogers

It wasn’t hard for Steve to see right through that perky masquerade he was presented with, but his lips drew up higher on one side in a lopsided smile all the same. Darcy obviously hadn't noticed who was in her company just yet and the blond couldn't help but wonder when she would finally look up and figure it out. He left the menu where she had put it and just waited contently, big blue eyes anchored on his friend, amusement shining within until he finally uttered his greeting.

Her reaction to his presence was even better than he had expected. It wasn't boisterous or anything. In fact, it was the silence he was met with as she froze, only moving to set the coffee pot down, that was more than enough to draw a chuckle from him. Thankfully, she had already filled the soldier's mug, which he picked up to take a sip from as she wondered aloud.

The caffeinated beverage wasn't anything to write home about, but it was certainly better than the sludge he could remember drinking back in the day. Blackstrap coffee was one word for it, but when they were feeling less than generous (and occasionally even if they were) it could also be described as mud. Dugan was definitely the worst offender, but something was better than nothing in most of those cases.

Setting the mug down, Steve reached out to pull the menu closer to himself, sliding it across the table. He opened it, gaze raking down the page as he pretended to peruse the options. "Am I not allowed to visit you?" he questioned innocently, eyebrows raising with the query. His focus only stayed on the menu for a moment, though, for he couldn't stop himself from letting his attention flick back to her, a grin brightening his features considerably, "How've you been, Darce?"
Darcy Lewis | No worries. You've been busy. ♥
^
Darcy Lewis
 Posted: Nov 28 2016, 03:24 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Darcy Lewis

She sat on her side of the booth and just watched him with her jaw dropped, processing the fact that hey, here was captain america, in her section, and he was acting like it was no big deal. Not a big deal at all. Was he insane? Had he hit his head or something? Maybe he'd been under a rock, and didn't know what was going on in the world at large, why she went from a lab assistant in Wakanda to waiting tables in this shitty little place.

SHe opened her mouth to snark at him, before closing it and narrowing her eyes, and then she shook her head. There was a lot running through her mind in that moment that she was going to say something super sassy, and she wouldn't regeret it at all, "I mean... it's not every day that fugitives come and say hello and think it's a-okay." She gave him a meaningful look, but regardless, she was happy to see him.

"I have been... so. Freaking. Tired. I made more money when I wasn't really making money working for Jane, than I do here. This is the worst but it's all there was." She sighed heavily, and reached up to tighten the pony tail that held her hair out of her face, "But. I should totally be asking you that, Mr. Drop Off The Face Of The Planet. Where the hell have you been hiding?"

Steve Rogers | Blergh. No excuses!
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Nov 29 2016, 05:10 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Steve Rogers

Darcy wasn't wrong. Steve wasn't exactly the picture of mental health that people often painted him as. Though he normally put on a good show of being just fine, he had been plagued with a myriad of issues for quite a while. However, all of that was no doubt amplified by what had been going on in his life recently. He and his best friend had even more in common now, something that seemed to be becoming a trend. Every time something unfortunate happened to one of the Brooklyn boys, it would inevitably happen to the other in some way.

Still, he had managed to catch up with what had occurred. He wasn't entirely certain when it came to the finite details, of course, but he knew enough. The main reasons he was acting as though there was nothing odd going on were to avoid drawing attention and because there was no point in making a big deal out of it. It wouldn't do any good.

Steve smiled at both the comment and the look she gave him, appreciating her concern. He wasn't too worried, however. They were in Manhattan, but in that specific part of town, there was less of a chance of getting caught. Even if that wasn't the case, Steve had a feeling that the visit was worth the risk. He almost said as much, but refrained, realizing what it could have sounded like. Instead, he asked her how she was doing.

Steve let the menu close when the question was turned on him and leaned back against the seat with a sigh. There was a good reason that he had just dropped off the map, but he knew that the true answer was something she could never be made aware of. "Well, I went to Russia," he began, starting off with what she probably already knew, "Got wrapped up in chasing pointless leads until I heard about what happened in Wakanda." He offered a small smile that held more sadness than the previous one, "Now I'm trying to track everybody down. Make sure they're okay… Regroup a little." Steve shrugged, seemingly completely honest. "You're the first person I've found who was over there."
Darcy Lewis | ♥
^
Darcy Lewis
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 02:19 AM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Darcy Lewis

It wasn't often that Darcy was actually wrong. She had a bad habit of being smart, and observant. In times like these, it was a good trait to have She tried to apply it as much as possible. It just didn't get to happen that often. If all he wanted was the details, Darcy could supply him with those. She'd been there, seen everything first hand, and run like a cowardly bat out of hell. Well, she had been told to run, so of course she followed orders. For once.

"Well, no duh." Of course he went to Russia. Who wouldn't after seeing that news cast? She would of if she thought her passport would get her in, but she was positive it wouldn't. She didn't have that kind of pull, "Must have been a hell of a lead, you've been gone a while, dude." Though, she wasn't skeptical at all about his story. Steve had always been pretty honest. Well, in her limited interaction with him, of course. What did he have to hide?

Nothing, right?

"Well... Wakanda kinda revoked our season passes so everyone split. I don't know where anyone is. Not in touch, which sucks. Though, I'm probably not all that helpful now that there's none of the wacky science involved, you know? Just me, in a craaaaaapy little diner in Hell's Kitchen." She waved her hand slightly before slapping it on the table, "Oh! Did you know, there's like totally some guy playing hero out here. 'The Devil Of Hell's Kitchen'. Spooky, right?" At that, she laughed, not putting much stock into it. She hadn't seen him yet, after all.

Steve Rogers | lol daredevil reference because I can

^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Dec 14 2016, 02:31 PM
years
is
in
N/A posts
// N/A
Steve Rogers

He didn’t know her all that well or all that long, but he could see that Darcy had a gift for seeing past barriers that others were not even aware existed. She was smart, strong and persistent. Because of that, Steve was slightly wary of approaching her. She was not a trained agent or anything -even though Steve thought she was more than capable- but that didn’t mean he could lower his guard around her. Certain aspects of his time away were fuzzy and it felt like they were lingering just out of his reach, but he knew that he didn’t want her powers of observation to pick up on the things he could remember.

Steve fiddled with the edge of the menu as he nodded in agreement, giving a soft laugh at her immediate answer. It might not have been a "lead" per se, but it had been one hell of a something. However, there was no way of explaining it in any sort of detail without tipping her off somehow. "Yeah, I know," he responded, slightly downtrodden, "I didn't mean to. Things just kinda got away from me." A hand lifted to rub the back of his neck guiltily.

"All I know about what happened is what I heard in the news," he confessed with a shrug, raised eyebrows and a half-smile expressing exactly what he thought of that. The media always twisted the truth, especially when it came to situations like the one his friends had faced in Wakanda. "And we both know how reliable that is."

At her mention of someone playing hero, a contemplative expression made its way onto Steve’s face. "Really?" He lifted his mug to his mouth once more and took a drink, "Any idea who it is?"
Darcy Lewis | Ugh, so late. I'm sorry.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

© cosmic american at CTTW.
RESOURCES & LISTINGS

RPG Initiative Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D RP Lovers a resource community Ruby Wings Listings RP Junction: a RPG directory

SISTER SITES

Mortal Ends The Multiverse

AFFILIATES

Black Static: A lit/adv Naruto AU X-MEN:GRANDCHILDREN OF THE ATOM [A RPG]

welcome back,
you have () new alerts.